View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 05:22 PM
stigs17

vCash: 500
Binghamton is not going to win any awards for beauty, but the core has a nice array of bars and some decent hotels (I prefer the Riverwalk hotel, 7 minutes on foot to the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, 2 minutes to the Water St. Brewing Co. and nicely refurbished in 2010). The fans are rabid and very blue collar, good chance you'll have a yeller in your ear all night even in a dominant win. Concessions are reasonable, and one can get game-used sticks from NHLers in the shop for $50.

I typically try to hit up the AHL standard 3 games in 2 nights and combine with Syracuse. It's particularly attractive when SU football plays a Saturday afternoon game in October or November - an experience well worth checking out (and a beautiful campus walk). Carousel mall is usually on the hit list and Syracuse has a very pleasant zoo just west of downtown. The Pro Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota (25 minutes east of Syracuse just off the I-90) is small but memorable with knowledgeable staff.

Can't speak to where the players frequent in Bingo. Even the odd time I see a player, I'm more the type to let them be in their downtime. As part of their elaborate promotions, the BSens do have signature nights and skates with the players.

stigs17 is offline   Reply With Quote