View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Bingo. It'll probably between $2.5M-$3M. Fair but something he knows Avs will be able to beat. Just my guess, of course.

As for Sherman and his MO. I can't think of a single player move by him that didn't have one or more of these elements.

* helps fill a team need (Shattenkirk, Quincey, Stewart)
* moving a player with questionable work ethic/compete level (Stewart, Wolski)
* a player that didn't work out here for one reason or another (Galiardi, Anderson)
* a player that was looking for too much money on the next contract (Winnik, Quincey)

I just don't see Avs front office being this group of easily offended guys that decides because a player wants to get paid he can't stay. It might have been so in the past but these days it seems to be all about building a team that plays the right way and there are few players on Avs that fits better for what I think is their vision of Avs hockey than O'Reilly.
As I mentioned, if he signed a FAIR deal in Russia, this is all for not but I'd be surprised if that was the case. The 2nd year smells bad, it smells real bad.

If that is the case, then yeah, there'd be no real problem then. I hope you're right.