View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I do think that happens on this board. I know that we all can have certain biases towards things we like, but I also think we should be able to put those biases aside from time to time and challenge our beliefs. This is my general thought on a lot of things in life.
But do you think that this board overrates their prospects MORE than all the other boards?

I find that extreamly hard to believe based on what I read on other boards as well as the main boards.

Of course the home board of each team is going to be a place where the fans discuss and dream about the future "possibilities".

But I haven't seen Jets fans out in the other boards pumping their prospects as much as other fans.

How many pages in the World Junior thread is dedicated to guys like Corrado, Ouellet, and Sproul?

Besides putting Scheifele in their lineups, I don't see anyone pumping up his tires.

Same as the Trouba thread. Pretty dead in there, I don't see many people pumping him up either.

Considering many here are hoping that lowry can turn into a Peplinski and not Lucic or Neely, and Trouba into a Foote and not a Stevens, I think many here at least try not to be too pie in the sky compared to other boards. A lot of other boards have their prospects as future HOF'rs.

Those are my observations though, your's might be different.