View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Rob Scuderi

vCash: 500
I'm going to try to do some assassinations, but I'll throw this out there for now. Here's what I have for the best 10 centers in the draft after messing with it throughout the draft. Who am I overrating/underrating? Missing anyone?

1. Don Raleigh - Probably the best offensive player in the draft after Sykora, definitely the best pre-expansion forward in the draft
2. Olli Jokinen - Best regular season resume in a group that's pretty similar
3. Mike Bullard - Very similar to Jokinen, goal-scoring center who wore the C on some weak teams and not the best all-arounder, solid playoff record compared to others
4. Robert Reichel - Regular season resume puts him with his fellow post-expansion guys listed, weak in the playoffs, very good international career but a weak era overall
5. Mike Ribeiro - Not sure why he fell so as long as he did, yes we know his flaws but that resume is pretty much the same as everyone from Jokinen-Olczyk, decent in the playoffs as well
6. Ed Olczyk - Probably my most controversial spot so far, I think he belongs in the same tier as these guys but I don't see his longevity vaulting him any higher (Would team scoring ranks vindicate Edzo?)
7. George Gee - Way too good of a scoring resume to be just a "sparkplug," performed in the playoffs as well
8. Dutch Reibel - Another somewhat low ranking, short career with an incredible peak for this level, the linemate factor plays a big part in this spot
9. Bill Carson - Really underrated Carson coming into the draft unaware of his OHA career, I think it vaults him over the Creighton, McFadden, and Conachers of the world with better NHL resumes.
10. Jozef Stumpel - Solid scorer with a long career, impresses with longevity but a decent peak underneath it

Just missing the cut would be Vladimir Ruzicka (tantalizing talent for this level even with the warts) and John Cullen (better peak than Stumpel).

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote