View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Cardiac_Canes

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
I would look down on him...after having knocked him to the ground with a punch to the jaw.

But seriously, I work in the construction industry so I'm used to it. In some industries you know it's present and while it's not ok for anyone to talk to people like that, that's just the way it is. I learned pretty quickly to just yell right back at the person who's giving it to you. Most guys doing that kind of work have pretty thick skin. I've gotten into full-out shouting matches with my boss and walked off the job and the next day it's like nothing happened.

In other circumstances, though, it can be really degrading. When I was 16 I had a job at an ice cream factory and my supervisor was the biggest ***** ever. I was a kid and they expected way too much of me too soon and after making a few mistakes my nickname from him became hammerhead. I tried to stick it out because I wanted the job but it made me miserable and I would fear going to work because I didn't want to be treated like that and as a kid I didn't know how to stick up for myself against a grown man. So I waited until we were backed up with a huge amount of orders and I just stopped coming in. Let him deal with it

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote