View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 09:45 PM
WTFetus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
There is zero indication from the article that the kid had hurt feelings over the comments. In fact, it appears he was more hurt over his mother's actions -- removing him from Santa.
There is zero indication from the article that that was it either. In my opinion, the first one seems more likely, but to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I don't see anything inherently wrong with speaking the truth. As a Leaf fan, this is the truth. Perhaps the mother should try it also, since this is what got someone fired. She should start with Santa Clause.

This is probably the type of mom that complains when her son gets tackled too hard playing football. Or who got dodge ball banned from gym class. Or got "unhealthy snacks" removed from vending machines. Or didn't sign a parental consent sheet to allow her kid to go on a field trip. Or complained that recess was too long.

My point is no sense in rationalizing it. There are over-protective parents everywhere. This being one of those cases
Like others have stated earlier, there is a thing called "age appropriate". What he said wasn't age appropriate, and you can't criticize the mother for not telling her 3-year old son that Santa doesn't exist. If the kid was 8, I'd probably let it slide, but not at 3.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote