View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I agree that the player unity is beginning to fall apart a little, but here is another thought.

Besides the actual deal making sense for the players at this time, is there a possibility that people in the NHL and NHLPA are starting to get a sense that the fans are really pissed off right now, with a number of fans throwing their arms in the air and saying **** it, I'm tired of this and will not support the NHL going forward.

I'm sure both the NHL and NHLPA are keeping tabs on the general feeling for the game right now amongst fans via twitter, forums like this, and Blogs....and I don't think that it is a very healthy situation. I've been a fan for over 35 years, and I'm pretty much at the point of telling the NHL/PA to shove it up their collective *****.

Maybe it's just me though.
Nah

The players don't care what the fans think and never have. They just want what they feel is entitled to them, and they'll just go on condecending to everyone via twitter as usual in the meantime.

The NHL probably views us as marketing groups or shares. Real people that might get upset? Maybe. But it won't stop them from doing what they feel they need to or hurry them along.

Fans don't get a say, and don't have a voice, and neither side is going to worry about us when there is money to fight over - regardless of where that money comes from.