View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:04 AM
kdb209
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmshrkx View Post
The Sharks have never had a significant downturn in attendance. I think this will end after this entire lockout issue is over. It may not be much, maybe 2 or 3 thousand a game less. I have been a Sharks fan since the beginning and have seen many exciting games, but the cost of going to games anymore is too much money in return for games that are not that great anymore. $26 to sit in last row, $20 for parking and at least $20 for food and drinks. I would much rather watch on TV so I can at least change the channel when the Sharks are stinking.
During the one downturn the Sharks had, after the complete debacle of '02-'03 - miss the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, fire the coach, fire the GM, trade the captain and face of the franchise - the Sharks attendance dropped by ~1500, due primarily to a drop in the STH base during the off-season due to low expectations.

The ironic thing is, the Sharks lowest attendance came in a season that was what was up till then the Sharks best year ever on the ice (104 pts, win the division, make it to the WCF).

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote