Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Bettman has had 3 lockouts under his watch and is on the verge of his losing another full season (that's mind blowing). Yes he has the owners best interests in mind and he's decent at what he does, but his track record is horrible in regards to work stoppages which does no good for the game at all and I think he needs to go as the players do not respect him.

I really do not think Fehr is totally to blame. His job is not to gouge for the owners for every dime, his job is to relay what the numbers will mean to the players in terms of dollars. If he's trying to persuade them for selfish reasons he should be fired to.

At this point, I believe the owners have come the furthest in terms of giving up the most. Both sides need to share blame here and as a fan I am disgusted at everyone by what has transpired. However, if the NHL is saying they have no more room to move and mean it, the players really do not have much of a choice then do they? Unless the players make the next significant move next the season will be completely lost and I have my doubts as to whether I'll come back to support them next year. I have no interest in supporting a bunch of greedy primadona's that do not care about the hands that feed them.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote