View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
I don't think he will be elite in the NHL and neither do the Rangers mods on this board. He is listed as a 7.0C. So second line winger, but as a C could drop down two rankings.

I'm not saying he won't be an impact player for the team in the WJC. He should be among their best this year. USA just doesn't have great elite depth.

The team can still have a great showing too if they play a great system and gel well. Look at Canada's roster from 2006. Only Toews up front is a first liner in the NHL today and he was an undrafted underager going into that one. None of Bolland, Boyd, Bertram, Blunden, Chipchura, Cogliano, Comeau, Downie, Latendresse, O'Marra, Pouliot, or Pyatt are considered elite NHL talent. That TC did have some pretty great D in Staal, Letang, Bourdon, Barker, Pokuluk, Russell and Parent. Two of those guys are among the best in the NHL and who knows with Bourdon.
Sorry I thought we were talking about NHL recalls. I don't think Miller is an elite prospect either, but then neither is Noesen.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote