Old
12-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Well maybe, but what worries me is that he he basically stremlined since last year. I wouldn't say that he has regressed, but his defensive positioning is still terrible, and his physical game is still non existant. The only two things Sens managament told him to work on and it hasn't improved.

To be honest though, I think he has had too much ice time in Ottawa. His huge minutes have left him fatigued and down and once that happens those are usually the first two things to go out the window. Defensive coverage and physical play.

His offensive play and hockey sense will make him a top 6 defenceman. But if he improves the other two aspects as well as his skating, he could be a top pairing guy.
The problem is the team. End of story. Byrne doesn't know how to play the kids to their strength. The forwards are terrible at zone defence. Constantly losing their man and counting on the defence like Ceci to clean up their mess. The only problem is asking the defence to cover 2 or 3 players at once is crazy. Ceci hasn't progressed because he hasn't been put into a position too progress.