View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:54 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit916 View Post
Why would the NHL get rid of someone that has been following there orders... you think if they fired him last year and hired some random guy, that random guy wouldn't call for a vote to lockout the players? You think if Bill Daly stepped up and took over he wouldn't be doing what the owners wanted (lockout if there's no CBA)?
You are oversimplifying the issue here. The owners aren't making any money right now. Second time in 7 years this has happened. If they aren't making any money, then that is the issue. You don't own and operate an NHL team out of the good of your heart. You own them like owning a very expensive toy and hopefully make money off of it when and if you decide to sell them in the future. Bettman represents the owners. That is correct. But the fact of the matter is, the players' don't like Bettman. And if you don't like someone, you probably aren't going to make their lives any easier. Removing Bettman while a token move could go along ways to smoothing things out between the NHL and the NHLPA. The NHLPA might be more than willing to listen to a new person than someone they have dealt with before. Someone that might actually listen to them and compromise better or come up with a better solution.

Quote:
You just gave a reason... there are two sides, one represented by Bettman, other by Fehr. I don't understand the logic behind "two sides can't make a deal, so I'm going to solely blame this one person/side".
I'm blaming both sides. But Fehr is leaving. Bettman isn't.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote