View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
Why didn't you quote the rest of my post. I gave my reasons. I guess if you said Toews was better I would be 'surprised' as well.
2 of Toews' 3 most common linemates last year were Stalberg and Brunette, the latter being perhaps the worst scrub to suit up for Chicago since they were a cellar mainstay.

Datsyuk barely played with Holmstrom last season. His most common linemates by far were Bertuzzi and Franzen, and his third most common was Zetterberg.

Toews may have a slight edge in the linemate quality category, but the linemate argument is silly and generally unquantifiable as well... especially when the difference is negligible (or perhaps non-existent) as in this case.

Hell, if you take the top three... Toews had Stalberg, Brunette, and Kane. Datsyuk had Bertuzzi, Franzen, and Zetterberg. As a group, you could even make the argument that Datsyuk's linemates were better.

Anyway...
Datsyuk is not "much better" than Toews. It is apparent that Red Wings fans are the only ones who disagree with that.

I have to imagine the Detroit fans capable of some objectivity realize what's actually the case.

(Not sure if you misunderstood or hadn't read my earlier posts, but I'm not saying Toews is better. I said Datsyuk is clearly the superior player, but the difference between the two is nevertheless very small).

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote