View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 01:09 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I'm going with the Wild. As good as they can be in the future, superstar talent might get cups in NBA but the NHL is a different league.

If and when the Oilers win a Cup with their young talent...I can assure you none of their current defenseman except maybe Smid will be a part of it. That D needs to be a lot better, their system needs to be better because offense doesn't win you Cups even if you have Sid and Malkin. Oilers need to realize what Pittsburgh has realized and start drafting D every chance they get.

Goaltending..I honestly think Dubynk doesn't need to be much better than average if the D is good and he's definitely the future unless he screws up big in the playoffs when they get there.

Wild are becoming a more attractive location for players wanting win now rather than later. I personally can't wait for this division to finally become a good one. Vancouver can no longer just win the division the day the season starts

Overall...Wild = built now and for the future (If Granlund, Coyle, Dumba develop properly) and Oilers are built for the future.
Minnesota's days in the NW are very numbered. Hopefully they move in with the Hawks, Blues, and Wings where they belong. And with some luck, the Jets will join them too. Time to bring some old rivalries back from the dead.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote