View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 02:54 AM
soothsayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
i know I keep reading, but I no longer remember what watching a hockey is like anymore.

I was thinking about this today.

If the NHL never comes back, that doesn't really matter to me.

I've found other things to keep me busy.

As I've said often, I'm very neutral in this matter now. The longer it goes, the worse it will get. Not just for me, for many people
This is a great post, and it is as poignant as all hell. We can sit here and wax economics all we want, but the reality is that the longer this lockout goes, and the more the hapless half-wit player tweets about his plights, the more I realize how ridiculous and absurd I am for funding and supporting such a trivial and silly thing. Why the hell are we paying to watch these fools play a damn sport? You can sit here and say "its ingrained in our culture, blah blah . . ." but that is a terrible reason to support the NHL. Every time a blatant moron like Ryan Whitney or Scotty Upshall qualifies themselves as smarter than me or some of the other intelligent poster on this site, for example, I am reminded of how ****ing foolish I am for supporting these deluded, uneducated, superficial clowns.