View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 03:57 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
The corruption and the politics saddens me, and I am saying this as a outsider looking in for most of the past 25 years now. I remember when I used to be proud to be Czech but every time I read anything from there I cant help but feel embarrassed. I really wish the country turned things around.

I was hoping to see a competitive team this year, showing of the best players the country has to offer but once again greed and money came in to play. And once again I have lost that little bit of desire to cheer the team on and that little bit of Czech that is left in me and that im trying to hold on to dies once again.

For those here who are involved out there in hockey circles, do something about this, make some personal sacrifices and change things for the next generation. Make the people that are the problem, be it in politics, other organizations or hockey pay, take them out even if it means sacrificing your career out there, do the right thing.

And when I speak I am not basing this on the selection of this team, this is just another little reminder of the massive social problems that are plaguing that country.
we don't know what exactly happened. maybe the coach just didn't like them enough to invite. when you pick a team, there is always somebody who should be there according to other people instead of somebody else. last year the US fans were pretty mad about their selection if I'm not mistaken etc. It happens in all countries in all sports.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote