View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I understand what people are saying in terms of the double standard regarding GSP and Silva, but there's a pretty big difference here that hasn't been addressed. If Weidman and Bisping fought my guess is Weidman would be in the -170 range, whereas if Diaz and Hendricks fought my guess is the odds would be pretty close to even (Diaz probably as the slight favorite). So while yes GSP is passing on the number one contender, he would get less flack for asking for Diaz than Anderson would asking for Bisping quite simply because it is a more competitive/worthy opponent. Not to mention it's a fight that was already on the table. If Anderson turned down Weidman to fight Hendo/Rashad/Shogun at 185 I don't think he'd get too much grief for it.
I like Diaz and want to see him fight GSP but the only chance he has is if he can catch GSP in a sub from the bottom. GSP won't stand with him and he'll easily take him down over and over again. GSP wins by unanimous decision or by doctor's stoppage since Diaz cuts so easily.

Hendricks can wrestle and he has one punch KO power. GSP will beat him but I think that's a tougher fight because GSP will really have to work for the takedowns.

I think Anderson said he would rather fight Bisping than Weidman but he really doesn't want to fight either one of them.