Thread: Illegal Curve - TSN 1290: Statement from Winnipeg Jets Governor Mark Chipman
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
That's 100% not what I am saying. I have NEVER said that if someone doesn't think the same as myself, or with the norm that that is being negative, or that they are wrong.

But, there is a major difference in not seeing things the same way and having rational, logical discussions on the merits of each position, and just posting negative comments and positions day after day.

Eg.

"Player X doesn't look like he's playing good to me. (insert rational argument here to back up statement)."

to

"Player X is garbage. Can't believe that TNSE drafted this guy, what a joke of an organization. Player X should be cut tomorrow."

I agree that discussion is the best part of the board. But the second opinion elicits no discussion, just a negative dump on the player / org/ coaching staff / whatever.

I was a huge (and still am I guess) fan of Stuart last year. Loved what he brought to the team. But after seeing some of Garret's analysis and seeing how effective he really was has changed my position somewhat.

Now if someone just decides to post "Stuart suxors, we should trade him for a bag of pucks," that doesn't seem to create a very constructive dialog.

All I am saying is that it seems like we see a lot more of the second type of statements from some and not the first. Basically being negative for negativity's sake.

That's how I see things anyway.
I agree with your post Huffer. I also believe in constructive conversation. I'm not one to just say X player is garbage type of stuff. I think most of us are just tired of not having NHL hockey around and are left with very little to talk about, so the things we do talk about get scrutinized a lot more.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote