View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
How is that even bold? I have the US as favorites to finish second in their group after Canada. Then Russia will face either Finland or Sweden in the quarters and they could EASILY lose to any of them.
Any team can beat any team if things just fall into place. Great goaltending alone can do it in a single game. Based on the rosters, I can honestly say that I'd take Russia 9 times out of 10 to beat USA. Can you say the same for the US, or are you predicting a huge upset. Calling a US win over Russia anything less than an upset is seriously poor evaluation of each squad.

As good as I think Canada will be in a lockout year, Russia is the favorite this year. They are more veteran, have 9 returning players from a team that lost the Gold medal in OT, have maybe the two best goalies in the tournament, Yakupov wasn't first overall for nothing and the tournament is on home, international sized ice.

So yes, I think it is bold to not only predict that USA will finish ahead of them, but that then they will also blow the QF in the same year.

The way I see it...

1A Russia
1B Canada

3A Sweden
3B Finland
5 USA
6 Czech

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote