View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 09:43 AM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Holy, did I say that is the guaranteed reason, that the Avs should just sell him on the spot! The difference between Kulikov and O'Rielly is that Kulikov signed a "lockout deal" a deal that requires him to return upon signing of the new CBA, O'Reilly on the other hand did not. Therefore, we are not sure of the reason, and any of the reason mentioned can be a realistic possibility. If it is the first two than his value will not change, if its the latter then it will seriously be diminished. This also has nothing to do with Gardiner, look at my first post in this thread, the fact that your trying to attack me is ridiculous even.
I don't think this is true, but it's very possible I'm mistaken, as always. Kulikov doesn't currently have an NHL contract, so there's nothing forcing him to return to Florida. If he doesn't want to sign a new deal in the NHL there's nothing forcing him to as far as I know, and he could happily play out his contract in the KHL. The only caveat is if he does decide to return to the NHL, the Panthers would still hold his rights. I think it's the same situation for O'Reilly, except his was a two year deal with an opt-out, whereas I assume Kulikov's was one year.

Can anyone confirm?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote