View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
What is so special about trying t o link them to the bruins so hard...you realize they won the cup two yrs ago and that last yr the B's had a wildly inconsistent season and were bounced in the first round.

The devils were the sixth seed who only got there by having the most gimmick points in the NHL
outside of the panthers and I guess had the devils lost in overtime of game 6 vs the worst team that made the playoffs and got bounced in the first rd again then the Bs comparison would be more relevant.

And the even more irrelevant points about being a top player and plus 16 as opposed to the career -110 he is in the NHL matters why?
Funny you say that, turn extra shootout wins to ties and newsbreak, the Devils are still 6th place in the Eastern Conference. Nice try though.

The Panthers were the Devils Achilles heel the entire season, for some reason, their top line killed us. If you watched that series, you would've realized the Devils starting gelling at the end of that series. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, because that series really woke up the team and brought them together. They needed to have their backs to the wall, to feel confident in that situation. If it wasn't for the Bernier penalty, I really think the Devils were one of the only teams in the NHL that could've pulled off that comeback in the finals. They came back from series deficits against every team they faced.

Oh yeah, and do you really want to use +/-, it's the worst stat in the book. Ovechkin must be the best defensive player in the league with a +50 something. Kovalchuk's plus minus has just as much to do with the teams he was on as it does to his defensive play. What was the goal differential of all the Atlanta teams when he played there? You can bring up last year's negative +/-, but you can also attribute that to the Devils giving up so many SHG, primarily due to their insistence on handicapping Kovalchuk on the side boards on his backhand, something they did fix mid-season.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote