View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:15 PM
sangreale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
NHLPA is just about the star players. They will need to accept lower salaries in order to be a part of a team that competes for the cup. That's is why they are so much against contract limits and year-to-year variance limits.
There are also a group of young players who hope to cash in on that tailwind. However, I agree that the majority (and their families) are sitting there with the reality that they have already lost a significant amount of their earnings and are about to toss away a pile more. It must be increasingly infuriating for them.

The NHLPA would have you believe otherwise but the truth wil lout down the road. They have backed themselves into a corner with Fehr. No way out with this guy but straight ahead. Tough negotiator to be sure but I am not sure in the long run the majority will benefit from his hiring.

Furthermore after the last session I feel there are fewer "dove" owners in the room. Or at least they will be too cowed to speak out.

More money for us to spend on music and drinks boys with hockey gone for this season.