View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 11:21 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
If we talk about the goalie and attack then yes but nobody really stands out in defense except Siksna from the same Belarus league and Rosinskis who plays in WHL but other than that judging by stats I can't figure out how he's doing there. HK Riga defensemen, on the contrary to what some might say about their size, have good +/- in the league and the defense is the best thing of HK Riga at the moment, it's lack of beef in attack that holds them from being even better, but it's still a mystery how they will perform. At least this year we're playing on big ice and in a territory familiar to our MHL guys, so there will be less stress and need to adjust to smaller ice.
Defense is a big part of a team and if there's no D-men that can give good first passes and defend well then it impacts the whole level of the team... Last year we had that problem preparing for U18 Worlds and since the core of this team will be last year's U18 guys the problem still will be there.
I still think that it's the best Latvian team this tournament has seen.. I think they'll stay up.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote