View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
These are the teams I've seen mentioned often as the two finalists. The lockout has me craving hockey, discuss.
Too early to say this.

The parity in this league is way to close to say two teams are clear cut winners. I know you're not saying that, but it wouldn't shock me if both the Rangers and the Blues lose in the first round.

It's really all about whoever is playing hot (See Devils and Kings) when the playoffs roll around. There were times in 2011-2012 when no one thought the Bruins, Rangers, or Penguins were going to be beaten, and two out of three lost in the first round, with one almost losing in the first round.

If a STL/NYR match-up came along, I think it's way too close to call. Both teams are equally similar, Rangers have more skill than Blues have in their top-six, but Blues have a solid group of two-way players, Tarasenko can definitely change that though. Defensively, both have solid top-fours, but their bottom pairing is a bit weak. Goaltending Lundqvist has the edge, but if Halak and/or Elliot get hot, they can play just as good as him.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote