View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:41 PM
specialteams

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Kemptville & Nepean last night.
Kemptville created lots of good chances on the 3 PP's in the first period last night, but no one could finish. I thought Nepean's PK was bad, not aggressive, gave up the high slot to kemptville consistently, lucky for Nepean, Kemptville couldn't score. After nepean went up 2-0, Kemptville gradually faded, I thought the younger kids competed well, but the 19 & 20 yr olds looked like they wanted to be somewhere else, can't blame them.
Nepean "rested" Zawadski again, Mulder was very good. Who starts Sunday? Both goalies are coming of shut-outs. I think it has to be Zawadski.
Still no Norris, Hodgson or Williams.... Milito & Yarwood were suspended.
Tough schedule ahead, they are going to need good goaltending.
Checked out the game as well, Llorca's goal on the first shot was maybe signs of things to come bad goal but Tugnutt settled down and made some good stops for sure. Nepean will have scary depth once they get Norris and Hodgson back - thought the Watt, Rodier and Nasca line was effective nice 3rd line for sure...Nepean's PP wasn't nearly effective as usual or Kemptville's PK was decent. It could have been worse as Kemptville took some undisciplined penalties. Raiders seem to be building for another run as Mulders was good, nice to have two quality tenders.

As for Kemptville I'm not sure I agree with 19 and 20 year olds looking disinterested I think their auditioning for other teams to pick them up at deadline. House was a legitimate third star, bright light in the loss his linemates Seatter and Varrin were decent. Gonu and Nowak age wise can be back so not sure what the plan is for them but I'm sure 73's will be taking on all suitors who are looking to shore up for a championship run.

Still some great hockey to be played and as I always state some great parity across the league - have to bring it every night or you will get beat!!