View Single Post
Old
05-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Chipchura was my first choice during his draft year and I remember all those debates I had on this board with regards to his ceiling but to me, Chipchura definitelly has 2nd line upside, if not first, in a complementary kind of way, much like Morrison in Vancouver centering Bertuzzi and Naslund. We could see the same thing happen here down the road say with Kostitsyn and Latendresse for example.

His playmaking abilities are way underrated, and that in my opinion comes from the fact his defensive and leadership skills seem to be near the elite level, and that's what every scouting service was concentrating on, so that's why everybody envisions him as our future 3rd line center. But IMO, the 3rd line role is only his downside.

It's a bit similar to Higgins who was talked about as a future 3rd liner for years simply because he was so good defensively and caracterized as such by scouting services, but just like Higgins, we should not look at Chipchura only as a pure defensive forward, his skills and vision are strong enough to develop into a top-6 forward.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote