Old
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
First off, I'm happy to hear Giroux is skating. I also have never doubted his dedication to hockey and the winning with the Flyers. But this is a prime example of one of the things that annoy me about NHLers going to play in Europe during a lockout. I don't question their choice to do so, but if they do, they should be dedicated to that team at least while they're playing there.

Giroux was a member of the Berlin Eisbaren, he gets hurt, comes to the US for treatment and is now chilling in Canada. No idea if he returns to Berlin if he is medically cleared. The lack of dedication most NHLers are showing to their new clubs is disturbing. The double standard between them and the regular roster players is frustrating. At what point is the star-struck honeymoon phase over for European players and fans and the expectation becomes that these NHL players truly intergrate with the team?

If G was injured playing for the Flyers and the Org found out he was skating about a CDN CIS team they'd go berserk.
I'm not familiar with the particulars of locked out NHL players joining clubs in Europe but under a working CBA in the NHL, if an injured player left his team (Flyers) to skate and practice under similar circumstances as described with Giroux in the article (meaning mid-season), there likely would be a grievance issue, suspension, a hearing between all parties, etc. There is a Standard Player's Contract that would be in violation.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote