View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Fire Dumboer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Yeah they had a so-so season...they were a SIX seed that needed 12 shootouts gimmick wins to get to even that slot so if a few of the gimmick shootouts go the other way and they could've easily been a ten seed.

The only team that relied on the shoot more was the panthers who also had a their wins and points padded drastically.the same team who was an overtime goal away from sending the devils home to yet another first rd exit.

As for 2010-11 it's devil fans like you that remember it differently...

That teams horrific play simply can't be pinned on a coach...that is a complete joke of an excuse for a team that had 10 wins at the midpoint of the season!

And it was Kovalchuk front and center playing like an absolute abortion in all 3 zones that yr, not just his usual horrid play in his own zone. He forced plays every time he touched the puck and turned the puck over more in that first half of the year than any player I've ever watched....please tell me that wasn't the case

And the comedy continues with devil fans citing their "magical run" because it happens all the time in sports when a team is just so bad and so far out of it that there is simply ZERO pressure to win as expectations are nonexistent so teams go on nice win streaks and get some momentum....like I said it's happened many times in all sports with basement dwelling teams like they were.

As soon as they got within any reasonable chance at the end and some pressure came back into play they cooled right off and were again back among the 8 worst teams in the NHL when all was said and done.

I admitted that Kovalchuk is a physically gifted player and a top scorer...I just can't stand the whole "he is such a better defensive player now because he's on the devils" nonsense that Devil fans constantly spew.

The guy is a minus player EVERY single season save one in his ten yr career for a reason and that reason is because he has low hockey sense on the ice and is absolutely lost in his own zone. And those minus seasons are with him putting up the offensive stats he does...imagine how bad it will be when he slows down offensively!

Kovalchuk gets his chance again this year as the guy....let's see if he falls flat on his face like he did 2 yrs ago without Zach....time will tell
But after they got rid of the coach they went on an amazing streak

Fire Dumboer is offline   Reply With Quote