View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
yeah, edmonton's a funny town. the other two high profile player scandals of the post-boys on the bus era: comrie and pronger.

but-- and i say this as someone who has never lived there, but this is the sense i get from albertans in the calgary vs. edmonton debate/rivalry-- edmonton is a smaller place. it's a city that wants to operate like a small town, and people talk. that talk, which in places like montreal or vancouver has to blow up to a pretty big point in order to be picked up by the press, seems to part of the everyday conversation that the edmonton media feels a responsibility to reflect. so i don't know if we'd say that the edmonton media is irresponsible and out of line, so much as the city feels a sense of closeness and intimacy with its players that its media tries to simulate.
I live in a small town so I sort of get what you mean but making up a scandal because a player has a child the non-church way is just disgusting. This isnt the middleages. Do they believe in flying popes and space zombies too?

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote