View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 01:06 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Backlund isn't better defensivley then Horak. Horak's positioning and tenacity is a fair bit better. Horak works harder on and off the ice; there's a reason both Ward and Sutter have praised Horak as being one of the most hardest working and coachable players (that's not to say Backlund isn't a good guy, but Horak has been noted as exceptional in that regard). While Backlund is busy touring Europe in the offseason, Horak hits the gym and comes into camp in the best shape of his life.

Backlund has gotten his chances and he has flubbed most of them. The Flames were about to send him to Abbotsford before he got injured, so he's not that guaranteed third line center some make him out to be. I don't mind if he gets one last one before the Flames decide to cut him loose, or it they just cut him loose at the end of the season. All I'm saying is that there really isn't a need to make excuses for Backlund, especially when we have other guys in the system who can do his job better.
you need to lay off the pipe if you think Horak is better than Backlund, did you even watch them play last year? Horak was extremely sheltered and Backlund had some of the best defensive advanced stats on the team. You are seriously underselling his defensive game if you think Horak is better. And where do you get this info that he was going to be sent down? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote