View Single Post
12-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Run the Jewels
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
Personally I think real issue is that the seeds are already planted for the next lockout. As long as the business of the NHL is supporting teams in stupid markets the product will suffer. 8 years, 5 years blah, blah, blah... I just don't care any more. This process has damaged any hope for labor peace or quality hockey going forward. The league has went to the well too many times. I have zero interest in hearing Bettman telling us how much better the NHL is as a result of yet another lockout. The facts just don't support the argument. Short of decertification and contraction/relocation I for one won't be back as a fan. I have exactly as much respect for the owners as they do for me. I really hope this debacle convinces many others to reconsider their support as well.
If we are not going to get significant revenue sharing the writing is on the wall for the franchises that are killing the league. Just look at Atlanta. Lost insane amounts of money. Then they get moved to a market that will actually support an NHL franchise. Guess what happened? They made money! No limit on term! With the players receiving 57% of revenue.

How on earth is that possible?

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote