View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 02:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I know Verrier was far from a fan favourite early on this season as fans thought he was receiving ice time solely because he's the son of the President of the team(IIRC). But he has been scoring some clutch goals for them lately. He's shooting from everywhere and everything he touches seems to turn into gold lately. He has a strong shot, but is an average skater, he's a hardworker though. I don't honestly see much offensive potential as a Pro for him as he doesn't have the greatest hands either. Besides his shot, there's not one asset that stands out as a strenght. I'd rather see us look into a Clapperton, Andrighetto or a JC Lipon rather than Verrier.

Malouin is a character player, but he's another average guy in pretty much every aspect of the game. Alright skating, average hands, but he works hard and will do anything to win. Could see him play in the ECHL, maybe eventually the AHL, but not much further.
Malouin looked he brings a gritty style, and I'd like to see the Habs have more guys in the ECHL (on AHL contracts) just for more depth for Hamilton. This year they did add more depth so i'm hoping it continues next year when there is hopefully a season.

I'd be very interested in getting Lipon but I would think a number of teams will be looking to draft him this time around.