Old
12-08-2012, 02:49 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
What the players should be asking Fehr is why he's giving their money away to negotiate for smaller victories than what they're losing.

There is, whether you find it persuasive or not, an economic argument that the owners are negotiating for more money than they lose in games cancelled (of course, you have to base this calculation off their profit, not revenue, and assume that their costs are zero when they don't play, but it's not much of a stretch to conclude that they're still in the black in terms of their end game).

There's no such argument for the players - nada, zilch, zip - and I find it wholly absurd to think that these guys are fighting for "honor" or that they're fighting to "send a message" or any of that. In all those hypotheticals, the purpose of the "honor" or the "message" is "don't take our money." And so to send that message, they're wasting their own money. I don't think so.

So yeah, the PA ought to be asking some hard questions of Donald Fehr, and the first one should be, why did you lead us on with a strategy that hurts our bottom line more than just taking the owners October offer would've?
So, I guess this means you have a strategy of convincing the owners to accept 57/43 and unlimited term