View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Community
44 is Rielly good

vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Imma get this comment over with already.. No way Toronto takes Jones. After taking Rielly last year, they need to take a center this year..

Toronto either takes Barkov 2nd, or trades with Philly for the 3rd pick. Philly needs defence more than anything right now, so Jones would be perfect.

I'd say the 3rd pick (with agreement to not take Barkov) and a 5th rounder would do it. Both Toronto and Philly get what they need, with Toronto getting a little extra for helping.
I would agree, but that's what Leaf fan's said last year... something like "After the emergence of Gardiner, we don't need another defencemen... Burke will grab one of the forwards" or "We have an abundance of D prospects, we need one of the top forwards".

I feel if the leafs have the #2 overall and Burke has the rankings as: Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov, etc. he will either trade up for Mackinnon or not move and take Jones... Whether I disagree or agree, that seems like what Burke will do

I'm really starting to like what I've been hearing about Barkov though, kid seems like he might end up going #2 overall.

Any one of the top 6 and I'm a happy camper as a Leaf's fan (Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov, Lindholm, Drouin, Monahan)

Community is offline   Reply With Quote