View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 05:08 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Here's my take on the increase in players getting exceptional status and applying for it: I'm all for it. I don't see any reason to put arbitrary guide lines like having to be a generational prospect or only letting a player receive it every few years so it doesn't lose it's luster. I don't care about these things. If the players are good enough to excel in junior hockey, that's where they should be. No reason for these guys to waste a year in AAA.
Hockey Canada has a vested interest in seeing these kids develop. Development in young players like these is very tricky. One off year of development can have a huge negative impact on their future. I see where HC comes from in trying to keep these kids in Midget to develop. HC wants to ensure players like this develop properly so that in the future theyll play in the WJC, NHL etc. If any good player in Midget could play in the WHL youd see a fair amount go up but not suceed immedialty and maybe even fail.

I agree this kid can play in the WHL soon and should. But overall, keeping them in midget doesnt hurt their development, but rushing them into the WHL can. I support the strict exeptional player status rule because what 15 y/o kid is gunna say no to playing in the WHL if their really good even if though they dont even know whats best for them.

The kids will get 4 years in the WHL irregardless, no use rushing them.

Benson is too good for Bantam though

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote