View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
There is no need for you to be so condescending to people. You might think it portrays you as being intelligent or well read, but it just makes you look arrogant and ignorant. Just because Detroit is in worse shape then Edmonton does not mean there are not comparables between the two cities downtown cores. Both are areas the affluent, and younger crowds in their respective areas avoid because they are lacking in entertainment, are relatively dangerous compared to other areas, and are just not a good place for a person to enjoy.

If you honestly think that if you fill both of those areas with entertainment options, such as sports franchises, restaurants, bars, etc, and they will still be the same that they are now, then you really need to read a few civics books and publications before you decide that you are going to talk to people on here the way you do.
I wasn't being condescending. I even stated "with all due respect".

Sorry you took it that way. I mean what I said, its difficult to carry on a conversation if people think these two instances are similar in anyway. Even in your response you're trying to make a comparable about danger in the two cities? C'mon. Downtown Detroit is one of the worst places on the continent to be in.

I wasn't flaming, name calling, nothing. You're the one now calling me out on this so I suggest you relax.

Its a discussion, no harm, no foul.

You want to discuss this topic. Sure, you know I'll usually respectfully answer questions and debate.

I think if I find anything slightly aggravating its the notion that irresponsible and deplorable badly managed cities like Detroit and Quebec City are so often in these discussions being brought up as models of how or what we should do.

First and foremost I'm a fiscal conservative. I like that I happen to live in a city that is prudent about these things. But really thats the reason you don't hear about Edmonton going bankrupt. Right?

ps you called Edmonton's downtown a "hellhole". I don't much like it myself but you're looking for a reaction saying stuff like that. Go on C2E and say something like that there and see what occurs.