View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 06:12 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Very close, but I might lean toward Kronwall. I wouldn't want either as my #1 defenseman though.

Both too often are in bad positions defensively looking to make the big hit and it really hurts their team in the end. I couldn't count how many times a goal was scored against Detroit and Kronwall wasn't even in the picture..just Stuart trying to defend against 2+ forwards because he had no help. I watched almost every Wings' game this year and Kronwall was really disappointing defensively. Whether it was because he was going for a hit or pinching in at awful times, he was out there for a lot of goals against. Phaneuf might actually be slightly better but neither is great.

Kronwall has the better shot IMO. Phaneuf might have more power but his accuracy is terrible. Meanwhile, especially last year, Kronwall was great at getting the puck on net as evidenced by his highest goal scoring season easily. I don't find either as great passers and that would explain the low assist numbers. I wouldn't want either of them running my #1 PP.

Overall, this is a great comparison and a close one...really too close of a call for me to choose. I'll take Kronwall might the slimmest of margins because I don't like Phaneuf's face...even if Kronwall is a coward.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote