View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
I get what you are saying but are you happy with the status quo when it comes to this city's development. Edmonton can be more than what it is without going broke. I'm not saying the arena deal is going to be the end all be all but it is a start. And if you believe even a little bit of what Katz is selling then this could turn into a large redevelopment of our downtown core. I mean no one blinks an eye when the city/province spends on another school in the burbs or an overpass...and yes this is necessary but it creates a donut city with no appeal for anyone to actually drive downtown. I don't think Edmonton's downtown is a hellhole either as I live in Goldbar and I absolutely love the river valley areas. But as far as development goes, it could be so much more. Detroit on the other hand needs a boost if anything the temporary construction jobs would help. Everyone knows why Detroit is ailing and yes they bigger issues than sports entertainment but if a guy like Ilitch is interested in partnering up you don't turn him away. Just my two cents
I wish we had an owner like that. If Katz was making that proportion of contribution I'd have no issues.

Good choice in areas with living in Goldbar. So close to everything and I think they've made some improvements to the water treatment plant too. Really about the only thing I didn't care for too much there. I've cycled a lot in your neck of the woods.