Thread: Value of: JT Miller
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
What pieces could Miller fetch that would put the Rangers over the hump? Him, Kreider, McIlrath, and Thomas are really our only futures that we could move for decent value right now. A very good 3C or a RH PMD would be best.
Miller is not untouchable a la Kreider, but I don't want to move him unless it's a certain upgrade. We do have other futures, but unless the offer is exceptional, most of them will increase in value, and be worth more whether traded or kept, if they improve on our farm.

Miller was a mid first, and I like what value we landed there.
Even if we halved that to an 7th overall, approx., we still couldn't be certain to get can't miss value for him; and we would lose the time put in on Miller and the the time developing the replacement.

On top of that, while it appears he is a notch below Hagelin/Kreider, he is a fast skating F, well suited to center either w/Callahan. The rest of his game remains to be seen, and proven once he is given a chance for that; but I consider him better for us at 2C than Stepan, especially looking long term and not just his rookie season with Stepan's experience.

I'm in minority, but I continue with what I have said: we don't give away Stepan for nothing, but if Miller is a better fit w/two fast Ws, and he is, and Miller is even close, and we think we is, then can maybe gamble and move Stepan.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote