View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I cant understand why Fehr always says the players have done the vast majority of concession. He makes it sound like the players have given to league over a billion to start with. This is NOT true. It's a complete misrepresentation of facts. The last CBA is over. it's not longer valid. Everyone starts at zero. The Players don't have a 57% share and are willing to give up 7% and therefore over a billion in money. As of the end of the last CBA the players have exactly zero. Now if we were in the 4th year of a 6 year deal and the players give back a Billion the statement when then be true. This idea that the players are giving back anything is a false assumption. The players currently don't have anything to give.
This is a new CBA not an extension of a current CBA.
You come up to me and grab the sandwich out of my hands, I say "you stole my sandwich" and you suggest that you are merely "relocating excess foodstuffs in order to better address hunger in alternative segments of the population." Your framing of the situation may be in some respects accurate but that doesn't change the fact that as far as I am concerned you are eating my sandwich and I don't much like that.