Thread: Value of: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
n00bxQb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'm not sure Clowe is a fit on Rangers with their continued emphasis on speed. That said, and assuming cap #s work, what about something like:

Rupp + Boyle + Rangers 3rd
for
Clowe + SJ 1st (or 2nd and 4th)

Rationale:
Rupp + Boyle would give you 2 of 6 guys who can fill your bottom 6.
Boyle I remember is way faster than Clowe and yikes! I'm remembering Rupp may also be, to a far lesser degree. Neither is a Kris Newbury type taking up space devoid of talent.

Clowe could ease the loss of Prust and add scoring, though I am concerned about his footspeed going forward. Or, could be a major piece in a trade for a top prospect, such as Clowe + x to Bruins for Doug Hamilton + y
Rupp has no trade value. 5-point 4th liners are a dime a dozen.

Boyle has minimal value. He's a 3rd line center with size, but his skating ability and defensive capabilities aren't great. How you get that Boyle is faster than Clowe is beyond me. Handzus is arguably as good if not better (Handzus is great in the shootout), so it's not a position SJS really needs to address.

3rd rounder is basically worthless as well. Odds of a 3rd rounder becoming an NHLer are small.

So basically 3 guys who fill roles that can easily be filled internally or through free agency or through giving up non-essential assets for a 2nd line power forward and a 1st?

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote