Thread: Value of: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Rupp has no trade value. 5-point 4th liners are a dime a dozen.

Boyle has minimal value. He's a 3rd line center with size, but his skating ability and defensive capabilities aren't great. How you get that Boyle is faster than Clowe is beyond me. Handzus is arguably as good if not better (Handzus is great in the shootout), so it's not a position SJS really needs to address.

3rd rounder is basically worthless as well. Odds of a 3rd rounder becoming an NHLer are small.

So basically 3 guys who fill roles that can easily be filled internally or through free agency or through giving up non-essential assets for a 2nd line power forward and a 1st?
proposal withdrawn.
Boyle seems to have good staightaway speed; his lateral movements could be improved, but for a big guy who plays hard, not bad. His technique could be better but I am content enough with his D.

I overrated Rupp given what was said about having the worst bottom 6, but still consider him more of a plus than a minus for you guys.

However, I'm conceding to your criticism as justified since I went with an impression that Clowe doesn't have THAT great footspeed to begin with, and like everyone else, is getting slower.

While that is probably still true, I must be way off to degree given the response.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote