View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Mike Farkas
Grace Personified

vCash: 500
I'm not sure what's known about Bullard and what's not...I'm just gonna copy and paste from a different discussion if I may, it might have some minor relevance...

Bullard was a very selfish player.

Seemed like a player that would be good on bad teams but less effective on good teams because his flaws would be criticized more because they would have more of a negative impact on the team as a whole. On those mid-80's Pittsburgh teams, who cares that he tried to skate through 3 players on any given rush and that he didn't play defense and that he generally didn't care (though he did play with an edge at times). To the point, that I started with, it explains why he didn't spend long on that very good Flames team and despite a 100-point season, they used him to upgrade their center position (Gilmour) and push the Flames over the top just before they won the 1989 Stanley Cup. Despite being a near point-per-game player in his career, he took himself to Europe (and didn't even seem to care to challenge himself, as he played in a tier-two Swiss league in his first year back over there after playing for Toronto; then played in the German league which was wasn't as good as it was today as it was transitioning from the Bundesliga) where he could play however he wanted.

Bullard wasn't cut out for being on a successful team, so no, him and Lemieux would not have been a dynamic duo AND be Stanley Cup champions.

As bad it sounds, but I mean it in purely a hockey way, it would have been better for us if Fogarty put down the bottle over Bullard...

Fun fact: Bullard scored 51 goals in 1984 and not a single one of them was a game winner.

YouTube Channel: The Two-Line Pass - Hockey news, knowledge, video breakdowns and more: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAI...52Q577Q/videos

Latest installment:Ep. 4 - Brady Skjei Evaluation
Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote