View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Bourque might or might not rebound, who knows, but I don't think that even if he does rebound that he's an especially valuable player. A wishy-washy forward who could score 20 goals - sad for the Habs that they could actually use that, but indeed the Habs could use that. If the season does start up and if Bourque is healthy enough for it, they'll pretty much have to try him and see if he can help. If he can't, if he plays like last season as a Hab - then his value is zero/negative, basically down to finding out if some other team is willing to trade off his contract vs. their own reclamation hopes for him. If he does bounce back... at most he's worth his cap space, and cap space could be at a premium for many teams in a reduced-cap new CBA, so I doubt he'd be easily moved.

I'd take a 5th rounder for him if some other team wanted to take the gamble on him bouncing back after the season is over. But wouldn't hold my breath expecting any team to offer that.
If there's a season and he plays the same way, then his value is probably a 5th rounder... Or worse. How many 25+ goal scorers with size have a bad half season and are dealt for a 5th rounder ?

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote