View Single Post
Old
12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Oilers have way more forward depth. After Tavares, the next 5 best forwards are Hall, RNH, Eberle, Hemsky and Yakupov. On defense, I think Justin Schultz is on another level and they have better depth with Smid, Petry, Marincin and Klefbom coming up. Goaltending, Dubnyk is a very good young goalie who tore it up after the new year. Coaching and management along with financial flexibility goes to the Oilers as well.

Brooklyn may attract some FAs though, so who knows. But as of now, I take Oilers AINEC. The Islanders development of talent outside of Tavares is very alarming when they hog up a lot of draft picks. Also think center depth is in favor of the Isles, which may turn the whole argument around.
That's pretty amusing. You are aware that Hemsky has only eclipsed the 20-goal mark twice in his career(high of 23), while Moulson has put up 30 or more for three years straight(30, 31, 36)? Not to mention guys like Okposo and Grabner who are clearly better players than Hemsky at the moment. Even in a down year for Grabner last year, he still had twice as many goals as Hemsky.

I really don't know what is worse... saying Hemsky is a better player than Moulson, or a kid who has never played an NHL game in Yakupov.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote