Old
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Not at all. Not being in it for the money means he was in it for something else.

Not at all. I mentioned that when the players approached him they had the most lucrative deal they'd ever had and, at least in the area of revenue split, better than any other sport had.

First off, it was better than what any sport had, because the other sports had just redone their CBA.

Quote:
Brass tacks - he represents the players against the owners. His method of doing so is to attempt to crush the owners/league/whatever-you-want-to-call-it into total submission. If he has to do so by hurting the players along the way (costing them more than they gain), he will do it.
So, he's just doing this because he hates owners and wants to make their lives miserable just because he can. It may be your personal opinion, but it doesn't mean that you're not an irrational hater.

Quote:
Disagree. The sport, as far as fan support and loyalty, was set back for years. Matter of fact, it still hasn't fully recovered to its state of popularity prior to Fehr, and it may never.

It's my personal belief that the NHL would be unable to recover even to the extent MLB has if this "negotiation" continues on Fehr's course.
Go check the salaries of MLB players as well as team revenues and let me know if they're worse off. Let's cut the love of the game crap out here, this is a forum strictly about business. David Ortiz by 2015 will have made $125M in his career despite being unable to field. He may not even bother having a glove in the clubhouse unless it's interleague. But, it's a sport that's 'nearly destroyed.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
I like the record revenues line. There were also record expenses. Nice omission.
Bettman never talked about it either.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)