View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
I have read many of the comments posted here and not surprisingly the philosophical approach to adversity is unchanged by many of the same posters.

Owners, players and fans.... few would argue that they are the building blocks of the NHL.... tell me, where do the fans enter in this strike equation?

How many fans across the USA and Canada had special occasions planned around cancelled NHL hockey games, how many fan birthday or wedding plans have been trashed because of this impasse?

As always the fans will be an afterthought to the owners and players... mere pawns to those brokering the sport money.. How many strike seasons will it take before the fans realize they are meaningless to the owners and players... when and how are fan grievances met?

This strike season did not need to happen; the cancelled season, ASG and Winter Classic did not need to happen.... I can understand some fan forgiveness to the league next season but silence and passive acceptance of not even having a voice in contract seasons is passiveness to the extreme I doubt even Gandhi would tolerate....