View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Fantomas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
This is a totally missed shot. The porblem is the image of the NHL as the wordl's best league. What incentives? They are already guaranteeing 4 young players roster spots in the KHL against good reason obviously. I would leave it at 2 at the most. Should KHL teams pay them insane money only to spoil them but to keep them at all costs? There are already precedents. Anton Burdasov left for SKA all because of some insane contract they offered him. He's not worth that money. He would be doing good if he stayed in the system of Traktor. Throwing 'incentives' at the kids won't help it.
You're oversimplifying. There are numerous complexities involved and different potential solutions, which depend on the age group.

My biggest concern is the 16-year olds, who should be staying at home. The problem is that they can't expect KHL jobs, nor should they be given any.

As for teams "throwing" money at players, this is hardly what I am suggesting. If they're rewarding the wrong players then they have only themselves to blame. I believe that the real problem is rooted in a) poor scouting, which means an inability to identify the truly promising talents and b) providing them with the right incentives to stay home.

There aren't really that many special talents in each age group. Several. Communicate with them, reward them appropriately for their play. Burdasov has nothing to do with any of this. He was never ever any good.

This should be capitalism. Incentives work when applied properly. They don't work because cronies control the system.

Last edited by Fantomas: 12-09-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote