View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 01:54 AM
RedWingsNow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Let me play devils advocate here
Why do the players refuse to care about it?
Its always: Wah Wah they want to take money from us.
They are not even challenging the owners on their financial reasoning behind those take aways. They basically agree that the league as a whole is not financially healthy but the PA does not care. The only thing they do is care about them not losing any money.

Why didn't they push for heavy revenue sharing?
That issue was settled amazingly quick.
The players don't give a crap about the NHL product as a whole. Even less than Bettman and the owners.

If they were truely interested in the game of hockey, both the NHL and NHLPA wouldve sat on a table and tried to fix the game and system as a whole. Everyone would benefit from a healthy prospering league.
But in the end both only care about their bottom line and wish that the other party rots in hell. That is why we have those lockouts all the friggin time.

If the Owners are locking out the players for the third time in 4 CBAs, isn't it reasonable to expect them to try and come up with a CBA that fixes the problem?

They're the ones saying the situation is so bad that we must cancel the league schedule for the third time.

Aren't hockey fans sick of this BS?

How many times must Bettman and the owners lockout the players to "fix the system" before HFBOARDS realizes that either 1) These guys are too incompetent to fix the system or 2) They're not actually trying to fix the system.

Fool me once. Shame on you.
Fool me twice?
Fool me a third time?
Gah...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...A3LuFLHM7hR.99

Something to consider in between raging about player tweets.