View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Because it is always the same story.
A Leafs fan wants one of our 3 centers. Usually offers up nothing of real value(not in this trade but then again you could argue if Gardiner fits a need) to the Avs. The Avs point that out. Leafs fans get mad jump in and bash our players into oblivion. Avs fans get mad jump in and do the same and we have a nice pissing contest.
Actually far from it. As a Leafs fan, I'm saying you'd be lucky to get Gardiner for Ryan O'Reilly, and we are the ones not interested in that trade, let alone packaging more assets to get him. Stop acting like your 3 centermen are so valuable that we're salivating to get any of them. We're not.

Quote:
I would never ever trade ROR for Gardiner. In my mind they do not have the same value. Why? Because I tend to take proven players over potential. ROR is younger and has been amazing.
He made the team out of camp as a 2nd rounder and continues to get better and better every year. He is probably our best defensive player right now. His season was close to Selke worthy.
Proven? One 18 goal 55 point season plus whatever he managed to accomplish defensively is about as Selke worthy as Gardiner was Norris worthy. Not even close. Keep ROR, but know that we don't even want him that much.

Quote:
Did Gardiner have a great season last year? You bet he did. Could he turn out to be a great player`? Yes he could. Is his game as far along as RORs? No. I want to see what he can do under Carlyles style next year first and he really is not that good defensively right now from what I have seen. That is expected from a defenseman his age but all in all he is just not as far as ROR is. If both repeat there 2011/2012 output and Gardiner shows major strides defensively and adds a few points, than we can talk.
Don't even talk like ROR's game is so ****ing advanced. He had one 18 goal scoring season to go with his two way game. Big whoop.

Quote:
You might not realize that but ROR was arguably our top player last year (with Landeskog). You should not expect any fanbase to be happy if you offer up your great but still unproven rookie for another teams best players and state that is fair value. Even if that is true that fanbase won't like it...
Being one of the best Avs players doesn't mean very much these days.

Quote:
I just wish that Avs and Leafs talk is banned from Trade and Transactions because it always ends bad and to be honest, there are no trades to be made between those teams. We are just bad trading partners.
Avs fans seem to be of the belief that their current crop of centermen are worth more than they actually are. They're nice players and you can keep them. Just don't come into a chat thinking they're somehow completely superior to what another franchise has.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote